Saturday, August 7, 2010

Mystical Powers of Stones - Black Tourmaline (Schorl)

Man/woman has attached himself/herself to the mystical healing powers of stones almost from their very beginning.  As a lover of these wonderful little baubles, it was pretty obvious that getting to know gemology would also lead to a knowledge of their inner capabilities as well.  


I have an extensive collection of stones that are brought out and worn on any given day depending on my needs or lack of  i.e.; 
Courage, Love, Health, Promise, Knowledge, Understanding and or Acceptance.
Black Tourmaline necklace
handmade by Celia at
Glitz Glitter Creations on ETSY


In many cases, they are just temporarily strung rows of beads, some in combination with others, to help in the goal of making me feel more whole.  I have gorgeous jewelry, designed and executed by my very talented daughter, that may adorn my ears, neck and/or fingers but the ultimate result is to dress my body with the healing powers it so desperately needs for the moment.


My office is also adorned with other precious stones to give strength and enlightenment to my environment as I work.  Each day, as I package my gifts of delight, while touching the stones for delivery, I often am able to feel the powers they possess.  
Black Tourmaline Ring handmade
by elseetee at
My Little Eye available on ETSY


Every natural mineral on our planet was put here for a purpose.  Early man/woman, knew that.  They took from nature and adorned themselves with her gifts, drawing close the powers within the stones.  Let me share a few secrets with you now:


I rely on black tourmaline (schorl) most heavily for the attributes it carries with it.


It is a purifying stone that deflects and transforms negative energy, which can convert and remove that negativity from an individual or an environment as well.  It is one of the most powerful shields of protection, nature made.  It is often used as an aura cleanser (have one at my desk at all times), and can help one attain higher levels of awareness. Emotionally, black tourmaline is excellent for dispelling fears, obsessions, and neuroses, while bringing emotional stability.  (Ever had an anxiety attack?)  Black Tourmaline eases the environment and opens the body and mind to a more accepting state.   
7 oz black tourmaline rock
available at
YinYangStore on ETSY


Googling schorl can give you lots of other properties and insights into this amazing stone but one thing is for sure, it works for me and it works every day I rely on it.



1 comment: